WAVECOM W61PC -> replaced by W-PCI & W-PCIe (see product list) & see the new W74PCW61PC
The W61 decoder offers all functions required to analyze, decode, and process radio data communications in the HF, VHF, UHF and SHF range.
The W61 is available in two versions:
- W61PC: A half length PCI card that can be installed in a standard PC under Windows /XP/2003/W7.
- W61LAN: A W61PC integrated into a complete single board computer system.
- Adaptive Equalizer for High Speed PSK Protocols.
- Classifier with 4 and 8 kHz bandwidth (optional)
- BitViewer Tool (optional)
- Single channel INMARSAT A/B/C/M/mM mode for data, fax and voice (B, M) (optional).
- EasySatSystem Multi-channel INMARSAT B/M/mM monitoring system (optional).
- Fully tunable 70 MHz IF input for satellite monitoring with no external receivers.
- High performance wideband analog front end.
- High-speed DSP.
- Fully reconfigurable (inputs, FPGA, DSP, bandwidth, IF frequency ).
- Half-size PCI card with SMA input connectors.
- Highly reconfigurable front end:
- Three wideband AF/IF inputs (50 Hz – 25 MHz).
- One wideband IF input (52.5 MHz – 87.5 MHz) with SAW filter.
- 14 bit/92.16 MSps analog to digital converter (ADC).
- Automatic level control and overrun protection.
- 60 dB input dynamic range
- Digital Down Conversion (DDC):
- 96 dB dynamic range (16 bits)
- Bandwidth configurable from 5 kHz to 500 kHz
- Automatic gain setting to achieve maximum dynamic range.
- Digital Signal Processing:
- TMS320C6414 DSP (5760 MIPS)
- External 128 Mb SDRAM and 1 Mb FLASH RAM Memory.
- TCP/IP, XML remote control interface.
- powerful 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 24, 48 and 96 kHz wideband FFT.
- I/Q data stream interface (XML/TCP/IP).
- Optional classifier with automatic code check.
- Digital receiver interface.
The decoder can be used in different configurations:
- Local use in a PC with standard W61PC application software.
- Remote use over a LAN with standard W61PC application software.
- Remote control from other applications using third party software, e.g. Radio Monitoring Tools, Alarm Monitor.
This allows the system to be adapted to the client's need and applications.
Using an audio or IF input signal, the W61PC decodes a variety of text and graphical transmission modes. The determination of signal characteristics is assisted by a large number of analysis and measurement functions operating over a wide range of signal parameters. The W61PC is the advanced next-generation decoder in the well known WAVECOM line of decoders. The W61PC is equipped with powerful DSP software and hardware to allow the realization of real-time demodulators and filters. The large onboard memory provides sufficient space for data buffering. Additionally, the whole computing power of the host PC is also available for data processing.
The application utilizes TCP/IP to communicate with other W61PC cards available on the LAN. A maximum of eight W61PC cards may be installed into one PC, providing the basis for a high performance signal decoding system. This, combined with the network capabilities, allows a system to be set-up for many different configurations. Complex systems for massive data processing, are only limited by the number of cards and the performance of the hardware and software.
The configuration of the system components can be completely adapted to the requirements of the customers. A W61PC decoder card may be controlled from everywhere in the network, and its output may be sent to one or more applications on the network. Any PC can be used for remote control of W61PC cards for decoding, storage, analysis and monitoring.
The W61PC software is a 32-bit Microsoft Windows application providing a familiar user interface and system functions. The availability of sophisticated software development tools allows rapid implementation of new functionality. In order to process the data output, control the hardware and the code parameters of the W61PC, a remote control interface is available, allowing easy integration between the W61PC and customer applications. The easy-to-use user interface with well structured pull-down menus allows an operator to become familiar with the W61PC in a short time. A high degree of operator proficiency can quickly be achieved.
All of the integrated analysis tools contain many different methods and
viewing options. They assist the operator in analyzing the important signal
parameters. Exact measurements are easily made using adjustable cursors with
associated numerical displays. Dynamic zoom functions allow magnification of
details in any selected window. The scroll buffering feature makes it
possible to move back and forward in signal history. Real-time FFT functions
with a fast display refresh rate are implemented. Additional powerful
functions provide the tools for analyzing unknown signals. A wide range of
system default settings can be configured, e.g. input signal level, sampling
rate, measuring interval, centre frequency and demodulator type.
Additionally, a variety of international alphabets can be selected.
More than 150 modes are currently implemented.